Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A very tough goodbye.

I have a long 3+ weeks ahead of me. But I am not the only one. Sure, it's me who will be clocking the miles, changing overnight locales every 2 days in England and then doing all it takes to survive in the wilds of Botswana....but Paul and Tilly won't have it that easy either without Mama T around.

I am blessed with an incredible husband who is an amazing father to our little 2 year old daughter. (Three in August, as she keeps telling us!). Without his love, support and encouragement I would not have achieved the things I have in the past 18 years together, let alone have all that it takes to embrace a challenge such as the film project that lies ahead of me.

So saying goodbye to him and Tilly to be so far away and undertaking such a huge endeavor was not easy. And the days of Tilly not really understanding what it means to drop me at the airport are gone. She is smart and gets it :( There were tears and screaming for "one more hug and kiss, Mama!!" which tore my heart to bits. I was smart enough to skip the mascara today....I knew I wouldn't be able to hold back my own tears.

1 comment:

  1. I know how tough it must have been to say goodbye, but I also know that this is important to you and your little family. I have tears in my eyes just thinking about your goodbye : (

    Seeeestah b

    ReplyDelete